GRIP Metal™ is an innovative technology for a mechanical bonding between material layers based on a patented technology for the mass production of consistent small-scale metal hooks that are distributed either on one side or both sides of thin gauge metallic sheets.
The special design hooks allow a simple sheet metal to be pressure bonded or molded into weaker substrates.
The GRIP Metal™ composite concept increases structural performance while optimizing weight. A composite can be constructed in 3 methods, with GRIP Metal™ acting as a structural layer, reinforcing the core or forming high strength outer skins.
The technology that drives GRIP Metal™ stems from the NUCAP© Retention System (NRS™). This patented technology won the automotive PACE award in 2001 and is now the premiere Mechanical Attachment Technology in the world with a ZERO failure rate on over 1 Billion units Worldwide!
- Fewer steps in the bonding process.
- A reduction in material costs and the energy consumption required to bond materials in the conventional way.
- A higher quality of bond than that achievable with adhesives.
- 0 VOC – no Hazardous materials.
- No UV exposure imbalance.
- Adheres to any substrate.
- Excellent in any temperature ranges. Great for indoor and outdoor applications.
- Instant application – no curing and no dwell time.
- Anti-skid properties for, excellent traction.
GRIP Metal™ is a global material for today’s global market. It is manufactured in Canada, United States, Spain and China. Also with more than 10+ licensees worldwide the supply can meet all demand requirements.